I've been building and supporting Backdraft for 4 years now (2 years as a free product). Not only is development and testing very time-consuming (I don't believe in cutting corners, even for stuff I give away), but there are very tangible costs that I need to cover, like hosting, the domain name, and recording equipment for making screencasts.
If you use Backdraft in a commercial capacity, please consider helping me out by tossing some change into the tip jar. It means much more than you think.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Build a website and email me the link! I may feature it on the homepage.
- Write a testimonial for the homepage and send it. Keep it short and sweet (or not), and send it along with a photograph of yourself (optional), your name, and a link to your website.
- Submit a feature request. We're always looking for ideas for new modules or features.
This is an incomplete list of the folks who have helped this project in a substantial way:
- Everybody who purchased Backdraft prior to it being released for free.
- Tim Plumb (action development)
- Walter Davis (action development)
- Joe Billings (action development)
- Softpress (for obvious reasons)
- John Williams ☕
- Paul Horsted ☕
- Mark Spivey ☕
- Lance Kelly ☕
- Advent Marketing ☕
- Will Bramhill ☕
- Jay Brooks ☕
- Margaret Johnson ☕
- Jolanta Nejman ☕
- Jacob Cichy ☕
- Chod Land ☕